Saturday, October 15, 2011

Plans and projects

Life has slowed down, most vegetable beds are bare now and ready for winter but my aubergines are still striving. This is the second time we experience harvest season now here in our little abode and I have to say it is even more fun than last year. We still have lots and lots of apples but with giving away a lot of them this year (opening up our garden for the public) we haven't had the sinking feeling of drowning in apples. We made apple juice (which has already been drunk!!!) and baked and cooked and it all has been fun.

However, I still have the feeling as if I'm mere dabbling in the way of homesteading. Probably because when I read blogs whose owners have been harvesting like mad and conserving full time this season I feel so incompetent. LOL IOh well, next year .. next year with the fence now sturdily in place and no way that the marauding chickens can eat up my budding cucumbers and courgettes etc. we will have a smashing good time. Over the winter I want to fix the greenhouse as well. Ever since Careto has ripped it apart I need to sew it again and hopefully it will be fixed easily.

I also want to do some sewing and crafting again ... there is a new quilt in the works as well as a crafting project for the bedroom (which still isn't painted btw) and I need to put up the finishing touches in the sewing room. *sigh* So much to do and so little time but with this coming winter hopefully being a cold long one again with lots of snow I hope to fin the time to finish up all my projects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment