Thursday, June 30, 2011

LOHAS anyone?

Ever since we have moved our life has both been spinning out of pace as well as slowing down extremely. Sharing time with each other, sharing experiences has become as important as having a minute or two to oneself.

Our chicks are busy with producing eggs we cannot by all possible means eat all, so I share them with friends I have made here in the village. It's a good feeling to share something that is organic, healthy and brings fun to ppl. OMG! You got green eggs!!! is an often heard outburst among our neighbours who get eggs. We even shared our cherries with a family down the road. Next thing up will be the apples that are growing their red cheeked splendour on heavy twigs in our garden.

I have been working on a special brochure for the village country fair and while doing so, I have found quite some nice ppl that quickly become part of our lives. I hope that with sharing experiences in life and eggs (lol) we will become an ever tightly knit community of ppl here who work towards a better life in this village.

All of us are in their thirties to late forties and it seems that somehow we all reach for the same goal - it gives me a sense of accomplishment that I didn't have in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment